Job Title: Segment Manager – Cooling
Location: North England
One of the leading providers of plastic and metal piping systems with global market presence. The company product portfolio includes pipes, fittings and valves for the industry, building technology as well as water and gas utilities. They are seeking a Segment Manager predominantly within the Cooling Industry.
- To seek out and develop new customers, projects and contracts within the chosen market segment covering the North of England, Scotland, NI & Eire
- Promote prompt and accurate solutions to customer enquiries
- To provide an essential link between company and customer
- Achieve sales targets
- To actively seek new segment opportunities
- To co-ordinate activities with sales office and other departments
- Support Global Segment Managers from Schaffhausen, Area Sales Managers at Coventry and customer sites nationally
- To “trouble shoot” when specific problems arise
- To obtain and report back on segment trends and customer competitor activities
- To submit visit reports, action reports and any other reports required promptly to relevant recipients
- To continue to proactively generate sales within the defined area for all products
- Provide technical support and product training as required
- To follow up on sales, project leads and quotations
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge and experience of company sales methods.
- Detailed knowledge of products – method of manufacture.
- Specifications, applications and stock range.
- Good standard of education with a working knowledge of engineering and technical terms, products types and tolerances.
- Full understanding of company objectives.
- Knowledge of competitors, their weakness and strengths.
- Commercial awareness.
Alternative Job Titles: Area Sales Manager/ External Sales Manager/ Business Development Manager/ Regional Sales Manager/ Key Account Manager/ Territory Sales Manager