Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 (Depending on experience)
- Daily direct selling on defined territory for the product portfolio, with a mix of cold calling and appointments.
- To meet or exceed agreed sales targets by sustaining the current level of business with existing customers and identifying new sales opportunities in order to increase levels of business activity and revenue.
- Profiling of key accounts identified within territory, information gathering and qualification of the key end users (purchasing, safety officers, lab managers, contract managers, projects managers etc) leading to SWOT analyses of accounts.
- Management of all aspects of account, including customer sales and liaison with the Project Manager to ensure a complete solution is offered. A considerable level of commercial astuteness and sales expertise is required for effective negotiation. Feedback and follow up, to both customer and Company is extremely important in helping to establish long term relationships with each account.
- Exhibition/conference attendance, organization of seminars, demonstrations
- To ensure the CRM data is entered accurately and kept up to date after every call or customer communication.
- Monthly forecast of orders to be received during the coming month to Line Manager by first of month.
- Arrange for Project Manager to liaise with architects builders and end users regarding capital projects
- Arrange Site surveys/audits for products and services
- Attendance and presentation at sales meetings as required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in life sciences capital sales.
- Successful track record of selling capital products with a consultative approach
- Proficient in dealing with complex sales cycles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills & feels comfortable interacting with customers on a high level.
- Must be proactive, have a flair for developing customer relationships and a determination to succeed
- Tenacious, independent and willing to travel extensively
- Educated to Bsc(Hons) or equivalent in the field of life sciences subject preferred
- Experience selling high value systems
Proficient use of MS Office applications