Purchasing Manager (Korea)
Group Materials Planning and Logistics Manager
Purpose of Role:
Purchasing of stock in support of the departments stocking strategy and sales plan
• To be a key manager in the building and enhancement of supplier relationships.
• Assist/lead the acquisition and qualification of new suppliers
• To lead contract and pricing negotiations with new and existing suppliers as part of the Supplier and Acquisition Management team.
• To provide suppliers with detailed forecasts and Purchase Order cover
• To ensure stock levels are maintained for a group of products to agreed levels across the Group.
• Manage and report on stock availability KPI’s.
• To authorise and ensure stock movements are performed as necessary to reserve, quarantine or return to supplier.
• To oversee and authorise subsidiary purchasing through ‘dotted line’ responsibility
• To liaise effectively with other members of the organisation on stock matters.
• A flexible approach is necessary and the ability to work beyond the business hours when required is essential.
Key Tasks, but not limited to
• Prepare forecasts based upon previous sales
• Calculate and manage supplier lead times
• Place Purchase Orders on suppliers
• Progress Orders through to shipment
• Manage the Goods-in process through to goods on shelf
• Check and sign off Purchase Invoices
• Assisting with Stock counting, authorising adjustments as necessary
• Assess and re-assess suppliers as necessary
• Deal with stock related inquiries from Warehouse, Sales and Customer Services
• Provide Purchase input into the introduction of new products.
• Host visits from Korean and Japanese suppliers
• Attend meetings with suppliers overseas including South East Asia
Education and Training
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
2. Analytical intellect with an eye for detail
3. Highly numerate and literate
4. Above average mainframe/software knowledge with emphasis on Excel
CIPS Level 6
Experience and Skills
1. Understanding of the Korean language and culture
2. Experience of contract/SLA negotiation
3. Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Purchasing, Materials
4. Management or Supply Chain role.
5. Track record of building and sustaining supplier relationships
6. Experience of using ERP systems for purchasing and stock control
7. Capable of setting and maintaining effective general office procedures
8. Proven ability to manage a multi-task role
Fluent in written and spoken Korean language and cultural understanding
Demonstrable track record of contract/SLA negotiation
Purchasing of electronic systems
Knowledge of vehicle safety industry
Knowledge of Dynamics NAV
Personality and Motivation
1. Drive to achieve targets – individual, team and company
2. Self-manager and a natural team player
3. Readiness to take responsibility for the quality of own work
4. Willingness to listen and learn with continuous development mindset
5. Dependable, stable and punctual
6. Visible commercial integrity, trustworthiness and respect for company and colleagues.
Effective written and oral communicator with above average telephone diction
Communication & language skills
Ability to communicate with all related departments, customers and suppliers
Innate time manager
Able to work flexible hours when required