Project Manager – Automation
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
The company design and build Special Purpose Machines for a variety of sectors involved in high volume production. The client list includes many International company’s involved in Pharmaceutical, Consumer Goods and Packaging industries and the equipment is widely regarded as the market leader.
Whilst the core activity machine building and feeding and orientation of small components, the business is also involved in vision, robotics and general automation.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end management of Mechanical Engineering projects, assuming technical leadership to a team of engineers and delivering on time and within budget.
The Key responsibilities are:
- Project Management of several Projects concurrently.
- Principle point of contact for customers, including making site visits and maintaining dialogue throughout the project.
- Ensuring projects adhere to good manufacturing procedures, safety guidelines, and current legislation and meet the agreed specification.
- Maintain project plans and records and report progress on projects in course of manufacture.
- Oversee and implement systems to introduce and consolidate consistent and efficient working procedures.
- Managing the process of “buy off” between the Sales and Engineering departments.
- Working closely with the operations manager to schedule workflow.
- Liaising with key suppliers and contractors to deliver solutions and co-ordinate these services for on time delivery.
- Good knowledge of machinery process and design in general automation or packaging.
- Prior experience of project management within an automation solutions provider would be an advantage.
- Organised, adaptable and having the ability to multi-task.
- You will have first class communication and interpersonal skills, a commercial approach and will be able to challenge the status quo when necessary.
A rewarding career opportunity within this forward-thinking business, which is now poised for further growth.