ELECTRICAL & CONTROL
SUMMARY OF ROLE
- A Project Engineer that can develop commercially focused innovative engineering solutions to solve complex client problems with responsibility for delivery from initial conception through to final handover.
- Working as an effective member of a multi-disciplined project team.
- Professional approach incorporating best practice and internally developed QA and design procedures.
- Automation background with experience of PLC hardware design
- System Architecture knowledge
- Engineering specification and tender documentation preparation
- LV Distribution systems and networks
- Building Services – Lighting, Fire Alarms, Small Power
- Food & beverage (hygienic environment) experience
An active PLC programmer/Control Systems Engineer/System Integrator is not the ideal candidate due to Lorien not writing PLC or SCADA software.
- Engineering Design – working alongside a Senior Engineer, to provide tailored solutions incorporating an appropriate blend of innovation and practicality.
- Ensuring project deliverables are met – production of clear unambiguous engineering outputs including specifications and scope of work incorporating measurable performance requirements.
- Project completion – meeting programme dates agreed by them/their contractors.
- Profitability – control of man-hours.
- Legislation – ensure project compliance with legal requirements including BS7671 and the relevant amendments.
- Team working
- Ideally degree educated in a relevant engineering discipline with chartered status, or working towards chartered status.
- Candidates with HNC/HND and relevant experience will be considered.