Job Title: Product Development Engineer
The Job: This product development engineer position will mainly be focussed on the development of the company’s core commercial vehicle safety and efficiency product range with a strong bias toward electronic engineering. The candidate will need the basic knowledge of the technologies behind these products with good knowledge of associated engineering principles.
Provide both product design and project management capability and assist the Product Development Team in upgrades and new product design, development and verification of the product portfolio.
This position will be predominantly at product level, requiring good understanding of defining and managing requirements, electronic and mechanical design, product verification and validation. The role requires the utilisation of cutting edge technologies and engineering methods keeping the company at the forefront of technology and enabling the company to better manage anad control its intellectual properties whilst enhancing its cost effectiveness.
- Lead and manage the product development throughout the product lifecycle.
- Supplier liaison and management
- Requirements and engineering specification creation
- Product design and design for manufacturing
- Product verification and validation
- Preparation of detailed component technical drawings, documentation and user manuals
- Aid the customers, sales and marketing on technical solutions and products support
- LED and LCD display design and cameras
- Video and audio processing and interfaces
- Digital video and audio recording
- Acoustic alarms
- Bachelor of engineering in Electronics product development or similar alternative educational background combined with solid professional experience.
- 5-6 GCSE’s grade B or above including maths, science (Physics) and English.
- 3 years industry practical experience with electronic product development.
- Knowledge of analogue and digital electronics including micro processing, DSP, Video signal processing
- Knowledge of camera, optics, acoustics, LCD’s and digital recording technologies.