£50,000 a year
Targets a varied type of customer within the uk offering materials handling solutions.
We supply bespoke designed battery powered monorails for tunnels and bridge maintenance.
We also offer support to other members of the group while they are operating within the UK.
MECHANICAL DESIGN/PROJECT ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS
• Use of AutoCAD 2D or similar CADS drawing package is essential.
• Be capable of carrying out a design function including all of the material stress calculations required to correctly identify steel sections for various components of material handling equipment (for example – hoists, shuttle cars, conveyors).
• They must be able to understand and calculate time cycles for equipment and systems to ensure the equipment/system meets the throughput required by the customer’s specification.
• They must be able to understand the principles of conveyor automation. They do not need to have in depth electrical knowledge but need to understand sufficiently to be able to liaise with/instruct electrical subcontractors to ensure the system in question fulfils its requirements.
• Be capable of carrying out Motor and power calculations for various equipment, (shuttle cars, conveyors, hoists).
• Must be capable of preparing proposals and provide estimates and technical specifications of engineering work for proposals/tenders, then preparing an estimate in advance of tender submission. Other parties within the organisation will assist as necessary.
• Must be capable of detailing mechanical drawings, however dependant on other commitments these may be subcontracted for detailing.
• Good, wide-ranging technical background preferably in materials handling or special purpose machinery within the car industry or similar.
• Commercially aware: Expected to deal with the financial and commercial aspects of projects as well as the technical and creative issues.
• Team member: Most projects are run using dedicated teams. Engineers must be able to work with other team members and also with staff outside the immediate team.
• Enthusiastic, hardworking and proud of their work.
• Good, confident communicator: Will need to communicate confidently and persuasively, both in a formal presentation situation, but also in less formal client and supplier liaison situations. The successful candidate will be attending meetings with both customers and subcontractors.
• They will need to visit clients and prospective clients to discuss projects and undertake site surveys.
• Written reports and other documents will also need to be produced accurately anind a well-presented form
• Self-reliant: they will be expected to take responsibility for their technical design work, although other engineers will be happy to advise.
• The correct candidate will also need to be able to organise and expedite external design projects.
• They will need to visit external manufacturing companies to expedite manufacturing and inspect the quality of manufacturing in progress.
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience within the materials handling or similar industry.
• Willing to travel within the UK, They will need to be able to drive and be willing to use their own car for company business, company mileage will be paid at the HMR &C rate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00 to £42,000.00 /year
• design/project engineering: 5 years
• Worcester, Worcestershire
Required licence or certification:
• Driving License