Location: Home Based – North West
To report to the National Sales Manager, the Sales Engineer will be responsible for maximising after sales revenue and margin within their region. They will be responsible for selling preventative and reactive maintenance, repair, overhaul, upgrades of pumps, valves & services to end users of rotating machinery across all industries. Liaising with Service Centres, Field Service Coordinators and Field Service Engineers to prioritise work and ensure job details are correct.
- Generating and qualifying leads
- Surveying sites and developing best value solutions to customer problems
- Establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships with customers.
- Support National Sales Manager in administration and Marketing activities.
- Preparing reports for Senior Managers
- Proposing maintenance plans and generating quotations
- Responding to tenders
- Negotiation of pricing, availability and technical solutions
- Account management and development
- Travelling to visit potential clients
- Analysing sales data to identify new opportunities
- Present a professional image, support and promote brand values at all times
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Sales reporting for visits planned & made
- Performance to set KPI’s
- Good engineering background with experience of After Sales Services & repair and maintenance of Pumps, Valves, compressors & Rotating Equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and negotiating skills
- Highly numerate with excellent command of Microsoft office especially Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience of using SAP would be of benefit
- Ability to work within company policy and procedure
- Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritise workload to meet required time schedules
- Knowledge of Sales and marketing of remote monitoring systems is an advantage
- Valid driving license
- Able to work & travel throughout the UK