To be responsible for calibration of all aspects of dimensional metrology and liaising with customers to ensure they receive a first class service.
Undertake Dimensional calibration inspections, measurements properly to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications. Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing MCMS Gage Insite and EMS management systems.
The main accountabilities
- Calibration of Mechanical Measuring equipment – Micrometers, Callipers
- Height Gauges, Torque Wrenches, Gauge Blocks
- Calibration of Production Gauging – Plain Plugs, Screw Plugs, Spline Gauges
- Dimensional checks on Fixtures/Tooling using first principle methods
- Surface finish checks on componants
- Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files
- Assist with on the job training when required
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Quality Manager within the customer/company facility.
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times and that adequate training and dissemination of knowledge on safety and other general matters is given to staff under your control.
- Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
- Ideally technical qualification such as HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above.
- Knowledge of calibration and UKAS certification preferred.
- Knowledge of calibration practices and theories.
- Knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software.
- Experience of working within Customer focused environment