Design and Manufacturing Engineer
You must have proven design experience working within the manufacturing environment of steel fabrications & press work.
You must be flexible in your approach with a “CAN DO” attitude with the ability to manage your time effectively whilst working to tight targets and deadlines. You must be able to read and understand engineering drawings along with a proven, practical hands-on approach within the industry. You will be able to interpret Client drawings & to produce in-house detail drawings to aid subsequent manufacture of components including where necessary concepts of jig & fixture design utilising our Radan and Inventor CAD software along with creating routings & BOM,s.
- Interpret Customers Drawings with a view to subsequent component manufacture.
- Ensure costs are understood & communicated.
- Detail piece parts & Jig & fixture requirements to ensure effective solutions to component manufacture.
- Construct BOM,s & routings to form intuitive component manufacture instructions.
- Assist other engineering colleagues with best practice solutions.
- Assist quality department to ensure fault free solutions within the manufacturing cycle.
- Engage in Value Engineering activities to reduce process cost of manufacture.
- Liaise & collaborate with shop floor personnel to ensure best practice in solutions.
Essential Skills Required:
- Understanding engineering drawings, including Geometric tolerancing.
- Hands on experience & knowledge of steel fabrication equipment such as Laser cutting, Press-braking & welding processes.
- CAD (3D and 2D) – Radan and Inventor knowledge
- Ability to delegate and communicate well with management and staff.
- Works well under pressure.
- Proficient with MS office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Methodical, along with the ability to balance workloads for each area
- Good team player with the ability to work under your own initiative
- Flexible on working hours
The ideal candidate is able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative and be willing to undertake other reasonable duties when required, ideally engineering apprenticeship served. This role may suit a time served Steel Fabricator who may want to progress their career, whereby we will be willing to train & develop.
This is full time, permanent position which offers an attractive employment package which includes:
- Competitive rates of pay dependant on skills and experience
- 33 days holiday Including 8 statutory days
- Pension scheme
- 38 hours per week and overtime as required