Flow Control Engineering Solutions is recruiting on behalf of a Leading Building Services and Testing Organisation. This particular job relates to a vacancy within the Compliance Department.
For the right person this position will provide an interesting and satisfying opportunity to work with a range of developers on some of the UK’s most prestigious projects, providing them with a quality testing service, as per the requirements of Part E, F and L of the Building Regulations.
Compliance Engineer role available in : Yorkshire
The engineer will have the primary responsibility for testing new buildings using specialist equipment and reporting software.
As a Compliance Engineer you will be:
- Conducting sound insulation testing in accordance with Building Regulations Part E
- Conducting airtightness tests in accordance with Building Regulations Part L, and client specified standards
- Conducting ventilation performance tests in accordance with Building Regulations Part F
- Conducting related consultancy services as required
- Liaising with site management
- Conducting Fault detection
- Conducting Results analysis and producing findings in accordance with the Company reporting procedures
- Preparing all the necessary reports for the line manager
- Presenting findings to clients
- Conduct daily routine checks of the equipment and vehicle and ensuring
that the equipment/ van is in good working condition
- Reporting any faults/ repairs requirements to the line manager
The successful candidate
To be successful in this role you will possess the following Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent diagnostic skills (investigative, problem identification and solution)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work without supervision
- The ability to balance thoroughness with commercial demands
- High commercial awareness including the ability to identify potential areas for new projects
- A clear and confident manner communicating, both verbally and in writing
- A highly developed and creative approach to problem-solving
- Good inter-personal skills
- Computer literacy and numeracy
- Sound Insulation Testing experience for compliance with part E will be an advantage.
- Experience in construction
- You will need to successfully complete the in-house Dwelling Airtightness (DAT) training course and ventilation testing & commissioning course within the first six months of employment
- A clean license is desirable
- CSCS cardholder
This role’s working pattern is 40 hours per week. Benefits include a Pension Scheme and 26 days holiday per
year (pro rata), childcare vouchers, etc.
Home based role.
Salary £c30k Dependent on Experience