As a Business Development Manager, you will be working mainly with the major clinical analyser companies selling our water treatment equipment and services to support their installations.
Your drive and enthusiasm will deliver new business growth in defined areas, offering insight data to customers to engage them in our products and services.
In this challenging and variable role you will plan daily sales activities, marketing initiatives and update the company’s CRM system. Building and maintaining strong internal & external customer relationships.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring sufficient sales activity, territory coverage and future prospect development to achieve individual set financial targets;
- Working closely with the marketing teams, developing growth targets and appropriate activities. Tracking, monitoring and measuring marketing and promotional activities;
- Understanding customer needs, presenting solutions and creation of proposals, with the delivery of added value to the customer central to the offering;
- Maintaining good knowledge of competitor strategy and activity to identify new areas of business growth; offering insight data to support negotiation and overcome objections.
- Providing excellent service to the customer ensuring they are kept up to date with all progress;
- Provide a strong after sales support service to the customer to ensure longevity of the relationship;
- Attend trade shows and/or industry conferences to network, be a guest speaker or promote the business;
- Coordinate with all other UK teams as required, sharing best practices and insight.
Do I have what it takes?
Being able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours will be advantageous:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong presentation skills, able to engage people in our technologies, products and services.;
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and the wider business.
- Maintains direction and focus through proactive planning and organised approaches to work;
- Resilient to objections, pressure and change;
- Passionate about customer service with the ability to listen to customer needs and offer solutions;
- Actively seeks innovative ways to improve processes, products, and customer experience;
- Ability to successfully negotiate and close a deal;
- Demonstrates strategic thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Demonstrates superior judgement and excels at utilising information to build business case and enact positive change;
- Understands the hierarchy and culture of customer and supplier organisations and is able to identify the decision makers and influencers;
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures;
- Presents a professional image with ability to form strong relationships with customers, colleagues and the business.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice;
- Competent computer literacy;
- Knowledge of and ability to use CRM tools such as Salesforce.
Experience and Education
Ideally you will have a science degree or will have worked within the laboratory / pathology services area or other similar technical background. It would be advantageous if you have experience selling products and services into pathology laboratories or experience gained from working with an analyser company.
More importantly your personal attributes will need to demonstrate that you are someone who will drive the business forward through meticulous planning, innovative thinking combined with a winning attitude.
What’s in it for me?
They are a global business, so you will benefit from a very broad exposure to them. An individual induction and training plan will be designed for you. In addition a personal development plan will be provided to you to help you grow and develop within the business.
Our Client offers the following benefits to name a few;
- Competitive salary
- Company car
- Commission Scheme – quarterly paid
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
And also…..Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Gym Membership, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Health Cash Plan, Shopping discounts and much more.
(*Benefits are based on probation and length of service)