As the Area Sales Manager you will be responsible for delivering the overall volume target specific to your region. Sales and marketing support and advice will be provided to the Distributor and company network as needed. Support and interaction with the Key Account Manager assigned to your region for the Pharmaceutical & Clinical key account arenas is critical to the success of the role. During your normal activities you should consider how and where to spend your time to ensure the volume target is obtained.
Your key responsibility is to deliver the volumes for the region whilst feeding back to HQ the sales, marketing and product needs of the market and region. All activity, opportunities, win, loss, contacts and so on will be lodged into the CRM system.
- Assess the needs of each business unit and advise specific plans and actions to keep track on sales targets
- Create and manage sales pipeline of key accounts targets and opportunities to achieve individual set financial targets on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Work closely with marketing and product management, developing growth targets and appropriate activities.
- Be able to communicate on a multi level basis and demonstrate high levels of influence both internally and externally with your customers.
- Prepare business proposals for internal review and draft sales plans & contracts as required and in cooperation with colleagues.
- Take the lead in ensuring regular scheduled meetings with existing customers to review relationship and secure long-standing business.
- Maintain good knowledge of competitor strategy and activity to identify new areas of business growth.