PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE:
A single statement that captures the main function of this role would be:
To promote the products and services of the company to the wide range of existing customers and actively seek out new customers and opportunities.
When this role is being undertaken competently, i.e. after induction and any role-specific training, the post holder will be: –
- Responsible for calling on existing & new customers to grow valves & instrumentation sales revenue via the Direct sales channels consisting of EPC’s, Contractors, Large OEM’s and end users.
- Working on own initiative to generate new sales leads and customers and working to achieve agreed sales budgets.
- To expand the customer base of the company by breaking into new sphere of activity and following leads given by the company.
- Follow up and track projects that the company has identified as potential business and issue monthly reports on all sales activities.
- Being responsible for creating their own appointments with clients (existing & prospective) and using the company’s CRM system to record customer calls and interrogate sales figures.
- Follow up and feedback of existing quotations to internal colleagues and take ownership of quotations, manage changes that may be required to win the business.
- To be available to resolve problems that may be experienced by a customer and again to take ownership of the problems until resolved.
- Maintain effective contact through the day with internal colleagues and management.
- To assist in the preparation of annual budgets and to carry out any other reasonable duties within your skills and capabilities as directed by your manager.
- Capability to understand twin business model and align company strategy with the assigned customers
- Sales and customer relationship development skills
- Negotiation skills at multiple levels within customer and supplier organisations
- Communication and inter-personal
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Awareness of efficient processes
- Knowledge of company Stock system / GUI
- Knowledge of Stock Management principles and systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word
- Ability to prepare and deliver management information within required deadlines
- Understand how the business adds value to its customer and articulate this Direct Reports
- Where change is recommended to customers, ability to assist with the change management process
- Ability to work with Direct Reports to leverage successful projects that results in new business opportunities or increased customer retention within the Region
- Ability to effectively manage and implement projects
- Ability to advise Direct Reports on how to resolve conflict with mutually beneficial outcomes for ERIKS and its customers
- Good knowledge of some or all categories of Maintenance, Repair and Operational product and service range
- Ability to effectively manage sales and margin across the Regions to achieve ERIKS profitability targets
- Ability to identify, justify and deliver optimised stock levels across the Region within overall contract commitments
- Effectively manage time and territory in order to maximise opportunities and minimise costs
- Good knowledge of OEM markets and applications
Qualifications, specific knowledge or experience required
These should be specific and essential for the role and should be identified during the recruitment process.
- Specific technical, specialised or professional know-how needed: Knowledge of OEM/MRO/End User/EPC/Contractor market plus the products and their applications. Markets to include General Industry, Oil & Gas, Chemical and Petrochem, Pharma, Food & Bev. Must also have the ability to work within the distribution market for core products.
- Minimum vocational/academic qualifications required: Engineering Discipline, Degree, HNC,HND, A Level (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics.
- Professional Qualification required: External sales experience with an engineering based background with a minimum 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge and level of proficiency in the use of IT software packages required (Word / Excel & basic computer skills)
- Proficiency in the use of any specialised equipment.Computer for communication & reporting.
- Minimum post qualification time and experience necessary to become fully proficient in the role. Candidate would be required to become fully proficient in the role within 6 – 9 months from date of employment.