Area sales management of our Clients product portfolio within the designated territory within the United Kingdom.
The growth development of new and existing business in the area is paramount in this role. The generation of new business in this aspect covers sales to all customers, OEM’s, contractors, large end users and covers all sectors of the analytical and medical market.
Working to achieve agreed sales targets the Sales Automation Control Specialist is required to grow the business throughout the UK and Ireland through existing and new customers.
The candidate will report to the UK Sales Manager, selling the whole portfolio of our Clients products, services, systems and solutions.
- To manage the UK area ensuring good sales growth in line with the agreed growth plan.
- Where necessary, to take actions to improve performance, efficiency and development of the product portfolio.
- To be productive ensuring regular customer visits is a primary goal.
- Assist in negotiations, help to bring key projects to fruition, ensure strategic focus initiatives as they come about.
- Ensure follow up of sales leads and react accordingly.
- Organise strategic sales plans for the UK and make sure these link in with the whole UK and European plans.
- Provide monthly overall UK report as detailed by UK Sales Manager. Make sure that frequent comprehensive territory reports and weekly plans are submitted and efficiently deal with any other administration. Ensure any other required individual reports that may be required are submitted on time relevant detail included and succinct.
- Negotiate price increases as is periodically required by the company, working closely with the UK team and any matrix reports.
- Manage all sales legal requirements, ensure the customers are fully compliant with trade compliance rules, contractual obligations and always uphold Emerson ethics policy.
To strive to achieve the individual targets, company targets, personal goals and to negotiate successfully within good profit margins.
To develop new business in existing accounts. Develop further business in the selected key target accounts.
To initiate and nurture relationships with prospects and convert them into valuable customers. Developing potential customers into key spending accounts.
One day per week is suggested for administration work, and appointment making. An average of 3 to 4 appointments per day is expected and to make sufficient other calls where appropriate to ensure maximum face to face customer visit time.
Help to grow the whole of our Clients UK sales.
To use resources where possible to help efficiency i.e.: technical sales department, internal sales and customer service team.
When necessary to provide sales presentations to help achieve sales growth.
To engage in follow-up work (e.g. proposing technical solutions; preparation and submission of quotations and specifications; contract negotiation; maintaining customer contact during installation and commissioning) arising from direct sales activities.
To undertake training as applicable for personal development, product knowledge, organisation and selling skills.
Other Role Requirements:
Due to its nature, this job will occasionally demand additional out of normal office hours to be worked.
Overnight stays and days away from home may be necessary, and overseas trips may also be required.