Job Title: Area Manager
Location: Midlands Area
The Area Manager will seek the continuous improvement of the efficiency of their area and the productivity and quality of the service delivery provided by their staff. You will set objectives with your team to ensure their safe and effective performance and to deliver planned levels of service to internal and external customers in support of the company’s high level aims:
- Develop and lead a team to build business capability through a major transformation programme
- Improve trend in people performance, high employee engagement
- Achievement of cost saving targets in the transformation programme, increase field utilisation
- To inspire and motivate staff to deliver a good service
- Develop a mobile workforce providing high levels of service
- Lead the Service and Rental function with clear direction
- Projects delivered on time within budget, operational levels of service are maintained and improved
- Audit of operation against appropriate regulations and appropriate certification and standards are maintained
The Area Manager is responsible for all budgetary accountability for a substantial spend limit for their operational area. You will work with the field teams and the customers to identify improvements and your most cost effective solutions. You will conduct pro-active performance management and multi-skilling.
You will have direct responsibility for ensuring compliance with statutory legislation for assets and operation where under your direct control.
The Area Manager works alongside other Area Managers who collectively cover the UK &I and may be required to cover other regional areas. The Area Managers work together to deliver the Service & Rental operation with each manager taking the lead on different aspects of operation that are common across the group. This will include monitoring and responding to new safety, health and environmental statutory requirements and operational standards. Maintain corporate working procedures, designing and co-ordinating technical training programmes and co-ordinating Comms meetings etc.
- Proven experience of Operations within a Service / Rental environment
- Engineering Degree, HND/HNC or equivalent level of experience in an Operational/Commercial environment
- Evidence to lead, challenge and influence a team across multiple specialities and encourage innovative approaches to problem solving
- Proven experience of operating in a Manager leadership position of comparable size and complexity
- Understanding and appreciation of Safety, Health and Environmental issues within a highly regulated environment
- Ability to be mobile across the UK
- Previous Financial/Budgetary accountability – commercial acumen
- Experience within the Water Industry is desirable