Job Title: Applications Engineer
The primary function of the position is to support the global sales force and applications engineering teams developing bespoke products and modifications for their customers promoting current and new business.
With the continued success of the business, the opportunity to develop in-house Manufacturing may become available.
The candidate will also be required to support the engineering team ensuring all core products are suitable for our market applications and that the department continues to deliver exceptional service.
This position is a customer-facing role and although the role is office based the candidate may be required to travel to different UK sites and possibly Europe when necessary.
- Provide customer service and a proactive approach.
- Managing the bespoke product modification for customers.
- Creating and obtaining approval of manufacturing documents.
- In house assembly/modification of products
- Preparation of application documentation including CAD technical drawings, system schematics, specification and installation instructions and report.
- Provide technical information and support in the preparation of quote/tender documentation, business development and initial fittings.
- Product application and technical support to customers and colleagues throughout the company.
- Troubleshooting and customer support.
- Lead training programmes for internal and external customers.
- Coordinate contractors and suppliers for bespoke products and applications
- Direct and effective communication with suppliers and customers.
- Educated to HNC or NVQ level with a technical emphasis in electrical/electronics
- Or an industry recognised apprenticeship with a major automotive OEM.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above including Maths and English.
- Industry recognised charter/ accreditation within the automotive industry.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience with automotive electrics and/or electronics.
- Knowledge of electronic product development and automotive OEM working practices.
- Use of electronic test equipment and tools.