Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Automation Product Manager
Summary of Position:
Provide Technical and Application support to customers and distributors.
- Answer advanced technical support questions relating to the implementation and application of PLC, Intelligent Controllers, HMI, PID controller and Variable Speed Drives.
- Assist in the development of Customer Applications in support of the Sales Team on PLC and HMI projects.
- Provide on-site training and applications assistance to Customers and Distributors when required.
- Support the External Sales team with on-site demonstrations of configuration software.
- Deliver continuous training and development of our Internal Technical and External Sales Teams.
- Implement, with assistance from appropriate Sales Manager, defined customer-training courses.
- In co-operation with Marketing Department, maintain user guides, software downloads and FAQ sections on the website
Skills, Experience, Qualifications
- Whilst an Engineering Degree is preferable, in-work experience with a recognised apprenticeship is also seen as a good foundation for success in the role.
- Experience in the application and programming of PLC and HMI products is fundamental with strong Ladder and IEC programming skills.
- Experience on working with Industrial Networks which may include, ProfiBus, DeviceNet, ModBus, Ethernet/TCP and emerging Wireless technologies.
- Previous experience in the application of AC Variable Speed Drives would be an advantage although training can be provided.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office products, Visual Basic and SCADA systems will be advantageous.
- Understanding of industrial protocols will be an added advantage.
- “Customer friendly” manner
- Attention to detail.
- Thorough, methodical, logical.
- “Problem-solver” mentality.
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies.
- Software literate.
Full product training will be provided during the probationary period and this training will be continual throughout a career.